WHAT’S ON THE AREA
Puegnago sul Garda is a Medieval village of the hilly area of Valtenesi, boasting a unique, thrilling view: Lake Garda.
For those who want to enjoy the suntan
Only a few kilometers far from our residence you can find Manerba, Moniga, San Felice and Portese beaches,as well as other free access shores, ideal destinations for those who want to enjoy the suntan or a swim in the fresh water of the lake, but also for those who are keen on water sports. From Sirmione to Limone, wonderful shores and characteristic harbours twist and turn throughout the coast.
For Those who love Italian history and art
Those who love Italian history and art can be generously pleased too by the beautiful cities of Brescia, Mantova and Verona with their numerous sites, like for instance the Santa Giulia Museum in Brescia, the Palazzo Te in Mantova and the Arena in Verona, wonderful examples of the world heritage treasures.
For those who wish leisure and fun
Also those who wish leisure and fun can easily reach by car or by train ideal destinations for the goal! In fact, 35 kilometers far from our residence you can find Gardaland, the most famous amusement park in Italy, as well as the Movie Studios, a cinema theme park; the medieval show and also Caneva World, an aquatic park.
WHAT’S ON THE WEST COAST
- The Vittoriale degli Italiani in Gardone Riviera: you will find the grave and the mausoleum of the Italian poet Gabriele D’Annunzio, as well as a museum, a park, a villa and a plein-air theatre.
- The Manerba Rock: promontory overlooking the lake, with a wonderful viewpoint.
- The Garda Island Wonderful Island of San Felice with a private neo- gothic – venetian styled villa and magnificent gardens
- The Valle delle Cartiere (Paper Factories Valley) in Toscolano Maderno, famous in the past fr the production of paper and nowadays as destination for excursions
- The Terrazza del Brivido (literally, the Thrill Ledge) in Tremosine, 350 meters high, overlooking the lake, which offers a striking view!
Game reserves on the south side of the Lake
- The Parco Giardino Sigurtà in Valeggio sul Mincio, covering an area of more than 50 acres, one of the most beautiful botanical gardens of the world.
- Parco del Mincio – Valeggio sul Mincio The natural reserve of the Mincio valleys is one of the most important and vast among the wet areas of North Italy.
Game reserves on the west side of the Lake
- Botanical garden A. Hruska in Gardone R iviera Realised in 1906, covering an area of more than 10000 square meters, with about 2000 species of plants from all over the world
- Parco Alto Garda Bresciano in Gargnano Natural reserve extending on an area of more than 40000 acres, from the lake shore up until 2000 meters high, with magnificent varieties of flora and fauna.